Sunday, August 1, 2010

My Sunday 160
craigslist to find a used car.
2 Yugos..$100.
'86 & '88, not running.

"'86 ran a few years ago"
Guess they can Flinstone it
and
put their earthpads to work.

the situation here has become untolerable (intolerable?). My 401 loan money will be here this week to buy brian and emily a car. Mike is being a total ass now. He HATES brian just because he is living here. Last week he sent me a text saying if he were lucky Brian would wreck the car I get them and be killed, and the second text he just wished God would reach down and kill Brian. The pathetic thing is he really means it. Now, after bitching that they need a car, he is all pissed off because I am going to get them a car. He wants me to put the loan money on a new car for me and give them my Jetta. He doesn't seem to understand that I don't want a new car, I don't want to make payments and I don't want to pay full coverage. Plus I still need to get brakes on my car and get an oil leak fixed. He has become so hostile to Brian and Emily that I won't even have Brian ride with him when they have virtually the same schedule. I drop Brian off, come home, go to work and take a late lunch (9) so when Brian gets off I pick him up, he drops me off and then comes back at 1:30 to get me. It is really sucking. Mike even suggested that with the loan money I could set him up in a studio apartment til Brian and Emily have enough to move out???? How can one adult (I should say "alleged" adult) hate one 20 year old kid so much? Brian is nice, polite, quiet...he got a job. The stress on me is really getting bad. Sleep is almost just a memory to me.

7 comments:

  1. sounds like Mike needs to put himself up in an apartment. I'm sorry you are having trouble sleeping, and I'll pray things get better somehow for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. As I read this post, I could feel the stress behind your words. I don't know who Mike is (though after reading back a few weeks, I can guess), but it doesn't matter who he is. As a mother I understand your need to take care of your children first. To make a play on your blog name, I suggest that "Conclusion" is the place where you say, "Enough" and get rid of the source of your stress.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! I'm so sorry you're so stressed. I don't know the whole situation, but I know enough that I can see you're stressed beyond your limit.

    One day at a time. Take care of your kids and continue to do your best. The sad truth is, you can control only one thing in your life and that's how you handle things. There's no way you can make Mike a grown up. Seems to me, if he's not grown up yet, he's not going to.

    Take care of yourself, and I'm so sorry you're having such a hard time.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yikes. Sounds like it's time to slide down the dinosaur's neck, hop in the fot peddle car and get the heck outa there. Thanks for the Sunday 160. Hope you get a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  5. this sound like a difficult place to be - i'll pray for lots of wisdom for you to sort it out and do the right things - step by step

    ReplyDelete
  6. ack. hope you get some rest and that things smooth out...lots of tension in your words..thoughts and prayers..

    ReplyDelete
  7. untolerable? intolerable? unbearable...it's all the same :(
    it's obvious that he's not going to let up but it's scary to me that he wants to spend your 401k as if it were monopoly money! amazing how the only thing he'll do in helping them up/out is to make your life miserable!!! it wouldn't help but i'll send a can of whoop-ass if you think it'll help :)
    how are emily and brian holding up with all this hostility???
    big (((hugs))) for you, take care dear friend!

    ReplyDelete