Saturday, July 17, 2010

MY SUNDAY160






OH JOY OF JOYS!
I just found out in September
there is going to be a new Mr. Potato Head.
It's going to be a 70's ELVIS.
White jumpsuit and all.

Life is SWEET!


(the reason this excites me so much is because I love Elvis. Singers now days (if you can call them singers) don't even compare to him. I have a whole collection of Elvis things on shelves in my living room. And I guess why the things are so important to me is not just because they are Elvis things, but because I bought very few of them myself. Like Sheri's shadowbox memories, these Elvis things have been gifts from people that know I love Elvis and have taken the time to remember that about me. I have a postcard from Graceland thet Lila (whom has since retired) sent me when she went on vacation there. I have belt buckles and a pez collection. It's not expensive stuff, but it's my stuff. For a wedding present Mike got me an Elvis movie dvd collection. And I love it, even though I will be the first to admit Elvis was a, well, not so great actor. I have talking Elvis birthday cards. My oldest son Ben, is responsible for most of the things, he gets me elvis things for every holiday. This year was very special. Tim had his own money and he actually spent some on me. He got me an Elvis Presley BLVD street sign which I mounted just under the shelves and an Elvis gold record picture frame. So for Christmas I am putting the elvis mr. potatohead at the top of the list, and they are also going to do an elvis all in black mr. potatohead...how cool is all of this news? Now my biggest dilemma will be, do I leave it in the box or take it out and play with it?

8 comments:

  1. You might be surprised. Your Elvis stuff might not be expensive stuff, but it might be valuable stuff. And Mr. Potato Head! How cool is that?

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's an awesome 160. Elvis Mr. Potato Head? Must be another Toy Story coming up. So agree about some of today's singers, but my kids have found some terrific talent out there....it's just no that top 40 synthesized junk. Have a solid Sunday and thanks for playing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Elvis as well - and also his slow songs like "in the ghettooohooo"
    But - I don't like the white jumpsuit....no...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Elvis! And it should be a baked potato...Elvis may be gone, but he's still HOT!

    http://harrischanningauthor.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. take it out and play with it! how sad to leave him in...lol. nice 160! do enjoy some king...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Too cool. He belongs in a movie. Toy Story Five?

    ReplyDelete
  7. hey, found you on monkey man's blog.
    nice music, how do you two do that?
    keep us rockin'
    mine is up.
    mr potato head.
    Dianne

    ReplyDelete
  8. nice 160! mr. potatoelvishead...what will they think of next?? i had no idea that you even liked him...see what three decades apart can do to a friendship?? at least i'm learning it now :) kentucky rain is my favorite and no, not because i call the bluegrass home, for now.
    take care, my hunka hunka burnin' friend :)

    ReplyDelete