Thursday, June 17, 2010


here i sit. upset, crying and seeing no happy solutions. in a previous blog i mentioned emilys boyfriend, brian, came for a visit and stayed to look for a job..and Mike has been pissed off ever since. so, today i get yet another long text from him...Brian must go now..or else he is moving out. so i leave work early and come home, we have a big fight. then i have to tell emily the bad news. so now every one is upset...except mike, because he is getting his way. and i sit here wishing i had enough money right now to just say "fine, get out". he has been drinking all day, of course. and when i was standing there all upset he just started making fun of me because i couldn't articulate the words i wanted to say. so, how does that make me feel? how would anyone feel. i am thinking that if the marketing job doesn't pick up i will find another part time job and then he can just be gone. i have truly had enough this night. but as for emily and brian, i think maybe some time apart won't be such a terrible thing. when she gets a job he can come back and stay until he also finds work. I just don't have any answers tonight. I am tired, upset, I left work early which I never do. Mike is just so selfish at all times and looking back i realize he always has been, I just never noticed it so much as i have lately. The unemployment rate in Oregon is around 11 %, and Brian hasn't found a job in 5 weeks...gosh, how terrible. Brian even asked me if he were to get a loan from his dad to help out with the car ins. would that make mike more reasonable. I had to tell him that truthfully, I doubt it. i am just so frustrated right now, and on top of everything else, my internet keeps going out, so every few minutes i just sit here trying to vent and even the cable company is against me this night. I have called them so many times lately that i finally just printed their number on the front cover of the phone book. but, what i started to type an hour ago was that it seems my relationship with mike is always just give, give, give. last year i saved money and bought him a sig sauer pistol, this year i saved and bought him an ar15 rifle because he wanted one, and when he first moved here i took out a loan on my 401 to build another room on the mobile or else he wouldn't live here. I guess it was a good thing i did that though, if not i would be looking at a big house payment if he goes. he never gives, he just takes and leaves behind hurt and heartache, but he doesn't ever care because he gets his way. i can't be sure how this will end...i am sure it won't be a happy ending, maybe just an ending.

2 comments:

  1. Honestly, Mike doesn't sound like a very nice person. My aunt lives with someone like that, and she can't see his selfishness or the fact that he's using her. She is very dependent on him and has chosen him over her family. But I don't walk in her shoes so even though I don't understand why she keeps him around, I will continue to be there for her when she needs me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. my heart goes out to you, as does my desire to put a boot up somebodys butt!
    i hate to see things this way for you, a person who doesn't ask for much in this life except to enjoy your family, home and the great pets you've collected ;) it's pretty clear how difficult this is for you...how are the kids dealing with it? i can understand that brian is extra weight in the sense that he isn't paying for anything yet consuming...i just don't see him being the 'problem', is he? you've simply got one self centered, selfish man who calls all the shots in the house...mine is his twin brother minus the alcohol. do you remember that ol' saying, "if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy"...mike thinks this is true of us but he couldn't be further from the truth. i can only guess that the same goes for you?
    have you seriously reached the place where it's not 'if' but 'when' the marriage will end? you know my heart goes out to you, dear friend.

    ReplyDelete