Tuesday, January 12, 2010


well, even though i have nothing to blog about, i must blog due to a threat to my most prized possession. someone threatened to turn my kindle into kindling!!! so here goes. now that i mention my kindle, i will go on. i now have 3 books on it. i finished the dome. it was actually a good stephen king. the ending didn't peter out like he has done on some of his books lately. for which i am most grateful. there is nothing like reading a 1000 page book and hating the ending. it's like watching a 3 hour movie and the ending sucks. all you can think is "i want three hours of my life back" i do have a kindle problem though. it has come to my attention that i am taking on the characteristics of smeagol. no one touches "my precious". mike lays in bed next to me and asks to push the button to change the page. yes, i know. most men laying in bed with their wives would be asking to push "other" buttons (wink, wink), i'm not sure what that says about us.....but i digress. sometimes i cringe and let him do it, but most times i say i will let him change the page when i am ready....then i very covertly change the page myself. gees, as far as he knows i am still on page 10 of a 1000 page book...and he must think i am the slowest reader in the world. am i bad?
then there is work. bear creek is still running. but the night shift bakery is down to a crew of 8. i don't mind the work, but with a small crew my boss is always hanging around and (crapasaurus) working on the line with us. it TOTALLY sucks. i am not sure how to describe her, except to say she used to brag about being a bitch...and believe me, if anyone is good enough at it to brag..it's her. some of us strive not to be considered nasty to be around in this life. but different strokes i guess. it's just a real downer to have her around so much. when we have a regular crew she usually takes a book and hangs around up stairs (she doesn't have a kindle). the nerve of her to ruin my whole day by hanging around and
working.
what else? yesterday i woke up with a sore throat and today i feel really crappy. i can't hardly swallow and my legs hurt and my head hurts and my feet hurt (but my feet always hurt, so i guess that doesn't count). my sister-in-law sent me this friend survey (took a long time to finish it), but it asked how i felt today. i replied that i am so uncool that in a swine flu world i probably have the bird flu. but its a good thing i have a kindle, even in my weakened state i can hold it as opposed to a big bulky book.
uhmm. i worked at winco last weekend, all weekend. first time in a month that brenda had demos for me. thats probably where i picked up my bubonic plague. my black death. my curse from god. (oh wait..i don't have that anymore...no more tampons for this old lady). everytime i demo i am reminded just how rude people really are. i did armour meatballs for 2 days and gallo salami for the other day. gees, people crowd around the little table, they sneak back for a second sample (like i won't recognize them from, oh, 45 seconds ago). they are just animals. and they are apparently raising their kids the same way. the little kids stand there and cough on the food and touch every cup looking for the biggest one. shit, if that's what people are like for one crappy meatball, i can hardly wait until we have a massive famine. they will be eating their own young and chewing their feet off like a bear in a trap. and what is really funny, we don't use toothpicks (these dumbass people would probably poke an eye out), so every meatball has a pretzel stick in it. well, a few of the meatballs would split, so the pretzel wouldn't stick in it and i just stuck the meatball in a cup. then all you hear is "this one doesn't have a pretzel" "you forgot my pretzel" "can i have a pretzel for mine?" it just makes me hope that i am never so greedy for a freebie that i also complain about the way the freebie is delivered. it is all so traumatic that i just go home and hold my precious (i mean my kindle)...not always read it, sometimes just hold it. am i developing an addiction? could be. but it keeps my eating down, can't get crumbs on my precious.

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!!!! I MISSED YOU!!! admittedly, i felt terrible twisting your arm when i found out you were feeling so bad, and i do hope you are feeling better-without taking it out on some unsuspecting cheesecake! but my diabolical plan to get you blogging, worked to perfection! i could almost see you sitting at your computer..your maxine robe dragging on the floor...the pile of used kleenex's piling up next to you. i wondered to myself today, do you realize that you DID grow up to BE A WRITER??? not a steven king, not a jeanette oakes but a legitimate, bonafide connie fay crippen, a legend to all of us who love you!!! whether your words ever find themselves hugged between book covers or downloaded on a kindle...it doesn't really matter (unless you need the money) because what you do write is worth reading. 'nuff said :)
    speaking of your kindle, what is it exactly that you love about it? i saw one at walmart today, well, another brand actually. i wondered if it would drive you crazy to keep scrolling down but then, after reading your blog, i realized that one whole page at a time was on the screen! and then easy turned to the next page, whether you have a mike do it for you, or not! what is it about guys, anyways?? i mean, he probably has all the toys he wants...why is it that he is so attracted to your new toys?? luckily, my guy just likes to buy stuff but never learns how to work them and then, just gives up :) he DOES know how to push my button, tho, and i don't mean 'wink, wink!'
    i loved your meatball story. it made me wonder why the people who would choose the pretzel-less cups of meatball wouldn't just treat it as a shooter, and not even worry about whether or not it was being stabbed with a salty, tastless stick of baked flour!
    you are a saint!! maybe not in your thoughts but i haven't heard you say you slam dunked anyone yet, so you must be doing alright :)
    and lastly, as i sit here at my computer, for the 5th time today...blogging, checking my email, checking to see if you've blogged yet, checking my fb, and playing maj yong...i ponder whether you might be forming an addiction for your kindle??? nah! you're fine...it's me i'm worried about :)

    ReplyDelete